Skip to content
- 1.8 l of water
- 150 g raisins
- 200 g sugar
- 600 g peeled rhubarb (2 stems), cut into 1 cm pieces
- 200 g raspberries
- 300 ml water (for stirring in the potato flour)
- 4 peace of rhubarb, sugar 1 heaped table spoon potato starch (this is for a runny wedge, but a few spoonfuls more for a thicker one)
- Bring the water to the boil in a saucepan. When the water starts to boil, add the raisins. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the sliced rhubarb and sugar. Cook everything together for another 2-3 minutes. Add the raspberries (they will dissolve as they boil).
- Dissolve the potato starch in the cold water. Wait for the first bubble in the pot and add the cold water with the starch, stirring slowly. Cook, stirring constantly, over a low flame for a few more minutes. The knisel will thicken slowly and will acquire the right consistency. Drink warm or chilled – both are delicious.